Daryl L. Derryberry – Member
Daryl L. Derryberry is one of the two founding partners of the firm now known as Derryberry Zips Wade Lawhorn, PLLC (the “Firm”). Daryl and Craig Zips started the Firm in May, 2002 and have enjoyed great success since the Firm’s inception. Daryl’s legal career spans two decades and includes successfully securing jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients in oil rig accidents, 18 wheeler accidents, medical negligence, products liability, broker malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty and other cases.
Daryl exclusively limits his practice to the representation of individuals and businesses who have been the victims of the negligent and wrongful acts of corporations and individuals.
“My philosophy is much more in tune with representing the victims of accidents as opposed to defending the corporations and individuals who were the cause of the accidents. In developing each case we pursue, we gain an intimate understanding of what our clients have experienced as a result of being harmed by the wrongful acts of others. I feel a tremendous amount of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from knowing I have been able to obtain a measure of justice in “righting wrongs” and helping those who need it the most.”
The Firm not only has the legal experience and ability to pursue justice for individuals and businesses who have been harmed by the acts of big corporations and others, but it also has the resources necessary to assist our clients in obtaining the justice they deserve.
Daryl is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. His practice focuses on representing individuals who have sustained catastrophic personal injuries, as well as those who need to pursue wrongful death claims as a result of a family member who has been killed by the negligence of corporations or others.
There are approximately 70,000 attorneys licensed to practice law in Texas. According to the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, approximately 2.4% of these 70,000 attorneys are Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. Daryl is one of the few who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law.
Daryl is a “Life Member – Million Dollar Advocates Forum, The Top Trial Lawyers in America®.” Fewer than 1% of U.S. attorneys are members of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Established in 1993, The Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. It is an exclusive organization limited to lawyers who have obtained the requisite verdicts. There are over 4000 members throughout the United States and Daryl is one of its select members.
Recently Elected to Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation. Each year, the top 1/3 of 1% of Texas attorneys are invited to become Fellows (or members) of the Texas Bar Foundation. Election to the Fellows is one of the highest honors that can be bestowed upon a member of the State Bar of Texas. Nomination is based on outstanding contributions to the legal profession as well as a commitment to the community. Once nominees are selected, each nominee must be elected by the Texas Bar Foundation Board of Trustees. Membership in the Fellows is restricted to Texas attorneys. If elected as a Fellow, one has the opportunity to join a network of top attorneys in Texas representing various ages, backgrounds, and practice areas, but all with clear agreement on the importance of professional integrity and promoting the cause of justice in Texas.
- Derryberry Zips Wade Lawhorn, PLLC,member, May, 2012 - Present
- Derryberry & Zips, PLLC, member, 2002 - 2012
- Flowers, Davis, Fraser & Derryberry, partner, 1999 - 2001
- Cooper, Flowers & Derryberry, partner, 1995 - 2001
- Law Office of Charles Clark, PC, associate, 1994 - 1995
- Cowles & Thompson, PC, associate, 1991 - 1994
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance, Cum Laude, St. Mary's University, San Antonio, Texas, 1988
- Juris Doctorate (JD), The University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 1991
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Court for Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Author and Speaker, State Bar of Texas, 23rd Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course, 2007, "Chapter 95: Its Application to Oil & Gas and Construction Cases."
- "Bail Bond Forfeitures" Seminar, Speaker, Northern and Eastern County Judges Association of Texas, 1997
- "Civil Rights Litigation", Speaker, County Constables Association Seminar, 1998