Craig D. Zips – Member
Craig Zips is one of the two founding members of the firm now known as Derryberry Zips Wade Lawhorn, PLLC. He is board certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and has been given the premier AV rating by Martindale Hubbell.
Craig has represented numerous clients for over 15 years in a variety of litigation matters, from complex commercial matters, including business disputes and securities fraud, as well as the representation of plaintiffs in serious injury cases. Prior to starting the predecessor firm of Derryberry & Zips, PLLC in May, 2002, Craig worked several years for Jenkens & Gilchrist, P.C., one of the largest firms in Dallas, Texas with offices in Los Angeles, New York and Chicago, as well as all major Texas cities. While at Jenkens & Gilchrist, Craig handled a variety of complex commercial litigation matters for large companies throughout the United States.
“People often ask what my firm’s specialty is. My response is simple: we try cases. Although this sounds general, it is not. Litigation is the end game for all disputes, and our expertise in litigation is essential for a positive outcome. Whether it is representing plaintiffs in a serious personal injury case or businesses in complex commercial cases, our firm is able to handle a variety of litigation matters. Our expertise is getting a case ready to be tried and trying the case if necessary. I have personally handled complex contract cases, litigation involving the sale of businesses, trust and estate litigation, securities fraud cases and serious personal injury cases for plaintiffs. Our specialty is knowing our way around the courthouse and presenting the best case possible for our client.”
When a dispute results in a lawsuit being filed, an important dispute immediately turns critical. With so much at stake, you need an experienced trial lawyer with a proven track record to argue your case and put you in the best position to win. Craig has that experience.
Craig is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. There are approximately 70,000 attorneys licensed to practice law in Texas. According to the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, approximately 2.4% of these 70,000 attorneys are Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. Craig is one of the few who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law.
Recently Elected to Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation. Each year, the top 1/3 of 1% of Texas attorneys are invited to become Fellows (or members) of the Texas Bar Foundation. Election to the Fellows is one of the highest honors that can be bestowed upon a member of the State Bar of Texas. Nomination is based on outstanding contributions to the legal profession as well as a commitment to the community. Once nominees are selected, each nominee must be elected by the Texas Bar Foundation Board of Trustees. Membership in the Fellows is restricted to Texas attorneys. If elected as a Fellow, one has the opportunity to join a network of top attorneys in Texas representing various ages, backgrounds, and practice areas, but all with clear agreement on the importance of professional integrity and promoting the cause of justice in Texas.
- Derryberry Zips Wade Lawhorn, PLLC, member, May 2012 - Present
- Derryberry & Zips, PLLC, member, 2002 ‚Äì 2012
- Flowers Davis, LLP, associate, 1999 ‚Äì 2002
- Jenkens & Gilchrist, PC, associate, 1996 ‚Äì 1999
- Texas Tech University, Juris Doctorate (JD), Magna Cum Laude, 1996
- ‚Ä¢ Order of the Coif (Top ten 10% of his class)
- ‚Ä¢ Texas Tech University Law Review (Associate Editor)
- ‚Ä¢ American Jurisprudence Award: Top student in Contracts
- ‚Ä¢ Full tuition scholarship based on academic performance
- Texas A & M University, BBA in Finance, Magna Cum Laude, 1993
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell¬Æ